- Working for a salary won’t make you rich.
- Neither will making only safe “income” investments.
- Neither will investing only in large companies.
- Owning a business or businesses, whether in part or partnership, could not only build a solid wealth foundation but could someday…
- Generate a huge financial windfall.
Clearly, getting rich–in monetary terms–is the result of investing in yourself and others, taking risks, doing a lot of small things right… and then doing one big thing really, really right.
via How the Rich Get Rich | Inc.com.
I’m always been interested in quantitative analysis of things most folks “just have a gut feeling for.” For instance, how many folks have run the numbers on why certain folks are rich and certain folks are poor? Maybe we don’t have all the answers, but insight into some of the causes provides valuable insight into the way things work. For instance, it’s easy to see why there are many affluent people in America: a culture of entrepreneurship encourages people to takes risks until they do their one big thing “really, really right.”
I’ve got a pretty solid plan. I’m going to save up a few thousand dollars, pray for a week solid and then bet it all at the roulette table.