Rebel against your pants-enforcing masters, come work for Automattic!
Merry band of comrades seeks nice, hard-working, diligent, motivated, fun-loving people to join their mission: to democratize publishing and make WordPress.com the best it can be. Work with us.
Last year at Automattic (WordPress.com’s parent company) we hired 48 people:
- 19 developers/systems folk — those who write code and make sure servers are running.
- 14 Happiness Engineers — those who support our users in the forums and answer requests for help.
- 6 themers and designers who create beautiful themes and sites.
- 8 in business and operations — those who work internally with Automatticians and with our VIPs.
- 2 in editorial curating Freshly Pressed, and inspiring bloggers to keep on blogging.
We expect to hire 60 new Automatticians in 2013. We’re a distributed company: Automatticians work from home, their local coffee shop, co-working spaces — the location in the world where they’re most comfortable and productive. Our hiring pool…
View original post 130 more words
Whoa, this a huge tablet!
Forget the battle between 7-inch and 10-inch tablets — Lenovo’s (0992) got something much bigger in mind. Per AllThingsD, Lenovo will show off its 27-inch IdeaCentre Horizon at the Consumer Electronics Show this week, a gigantic full HD multi-touch display that runs Windows 8 and features a third-generation Core i7 processor with NVIDIA GeForce graphics. The beast weighs in at 17 pounds, so it’s not exactly something you can carry with you to your local coffee shop, but if you want to convert your living room table into a massive computer, Lenovo’s table tablet is one of the only games in town. The price could be prohibitive to mass consumer adoption, however, as AllThingsD says the new computer will sell for around $1,700 when it ships this summer.